Monday, July 27, 2009

Musicpost: Lindsey Buckingham's 'Go Insane'


After "Big Love" I was hoping to get one of my favorite Lindsey Buckingham songs: the acoustic version of "Go Insane." Darla came through, and here we have it.

Ironically, when he released this song for his second solo album in 1984, I hated it. And I still hate that rockish-popish version. Then about six years ago, a friend added the acoustic one, which I had never heard, to a CD he was burning for me. Based on the title, I skipped the song every time I played that CD. One day I didn't get to the CD player on time, and I heard the beginning of the song. Boy, was I shocked! I couldn't believe it was the same song.

Over a set of good speakers, the sounds he makes with his guitar and voice are mesmerizing--to me at least. So if you've got them, use them. Enjoy.




Copyright © 2009, Primetime Oracle
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Can't get much better better then this!

    ReplyDelete