Sunday, June 28, 2009

Honduras president resigns...not!

My, oh, my, oh, my.

We've been getting a heavy dose of Pinocchio politics from Iran's "leadership," and now we're revitalized with a letter the thugs that ousted Honduras President Jose Manuel Zelaya claim he signed resigning to his post. The letter was published by the Honduran newspaper La Prensa.

I will do my best to translate it for you.

"Given the current polarized political situation, which has unleashed a national conflict that has eroded my political base, and due to insurmountable health problems that have hindered me from focusing on the fundamental issues of the State, I'm complying with my duty to submit my irrevocable resignation to the presidency of the Republic along with the resignation of my cabinet effective today. With my resignation I hope to heal the wounds on the national political environment."

Sincerely,

Jose Manuel Zelaya Rosado,
President of the Republic of Honduras

Ugh.

What a gargantuan load of crap!

Do these people actually expect to get away with such an absurd move? I guess this is how it's done...but why would the guy have to be kidnapped at gunpoint and flown to another country in his pajamas is he had resigned?

Here we go again. Blatant lies to our face, this time courtesy of Honduras.

And as I asked when Iran gave its version of the events following the contested June 12 elections, I ask again: Is telling the lie enough?

Have we gotten to a point that whatever is said must be accepted by the international community regardless of its discrepancy with reality just because it was said?

I can understand these tactics 500 years ago, 200, 100..heck...even 50 years ago. But nowadays there are cameras and video and cellphones and satellites and texting and many other technological advances that can tell and show the difference between what's true and false.

Yet, they keep lying as though no one is watching.

Am I the only one disturbed by this aspect of not just politics but of human behavior? It's sooo meseed up.

Source: BNO, Honduran newspaper La Prensa
Copyright © 2009
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment