Monday, June 29, 2009

Now Playing: 'Planet of the Apes'

I thought I had seen the very worst in shoes--and in taste (not that I have much of it...)--when the Crocs showed up in stores and feet, to my amazement. Eek.

But some geniuses in Italy figured people want gloves for feet and came up with these
"shoes" called Vibram Five Fingers.

I'm wondering how comfortable they are given that toes vary in length, width and proportion. One thing is to wear ill fitting gloves to handle things, and another thing is a pair of shoes meant to carry the entire weight of your body while you move around. A wrong fit is not only uncomfortable but also unhealthy for your feet and back.

They are recommended for exercise and running even though the sole offers zero support.

I can't give an educated opinion, as I haven't seen them in person, but they look
Planet-of-the-Apeish to me.

But I also didn't like the Crocs, and they were a hit.

Nowadays, it looks like when it comes to walking shoes, the uglier, the better...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Copyright © 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment