Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bullies in the sky

Photo source: unknow North Korea appears to be preparing to test-fire its longest range missile. Photo: EPA

I don't normally follow war news. What for? It's the same old story, one that has been told continually since mankind appeared on this planet. Here's how that story goes: "I'm right. You're wrong. If you don't agree, I'll blow you up."

If we blow up, we blow up; if we don't, we don't. I don't need to hear the details to decide that war sucks. I don't need to know who said what when and how to be of the opinion that neither side is right or wrong in the absolute sense. That's just my opinion, of course. Feel free to disagree...

But, since we've been warned repeatedly that North Korea and not the Middle East would be the world's greatest threat
"nuclearly" speaking, I figured I might as well post something, you know, for the record, in case we blow up.

In a nutshell: North Korea is huffing and puffing, displaying its military in all its glory hoping, we have to assume, to scare somebody.

North Korea warned South Korea and the United States on Wednesday that South Korea's participation in a U.S.-led program to intercept ships suspected of carrying weapons of mass destruction is equal to a
declaration of war, AP reported.

How so very
macho of them.

In a statement distributed by North Korea's Central News Agency, the North's military said it will respond with "immediate, strong military measures" against any attempt to stop and search North Korean ships under the Proliferation Security Initiative, according to AP's report. It added that it no longer considers itself bound by the armistice that ended the Korean War and accused the U.S., which signed the armistice, of "dragging" the South into the program under its "hostile policy" against the North, AP said.

North Korea also said it cannot guarantee safety for South Korean and U.S. navy ships sailing near the disputed western Korean sea border, according to the report.

Now, I'm really scared...Not!

South Korea announced its participation in the program Tuesday, one day after North Korea conducted a nuclear test, drawing international criticism, AP said. In other words: the shit started to sprinkle on the fan when them macho NK men launched five short-range missiles in two days, indicating it has restarted a weapons-grade nuclear plant.

Oh, I don't know, my friends...I read this stuff and in my mind I see a bunch of insecure bullies lining up in school hallways against locker-covered walls adjusting their tiny balls.

Sources: The Associated Press
Copyright © 2009, Primetime Oracle
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment