Monday, June 8, 2009

Apple unveils coveted new and improved iPhone

Photo provided by PR Newswire

As hoped for by iPhone fans, Apple today unveiled a new and improved iPhone to be available on June 19.

The new iPhone 3GS comes with a 3-megapixel, auto-focus camera that also captures video, voice control for dialing and iPod playback, USA Today reported.
Some of you just had a mini-orgasm.

It's priced at $199 for 16 GB and $299 for 32 GB through Apple's U.S. partner, AT&T. Apple also announced it dropped the price of the current GB8 model to $99. The phone will be available in black and white, like earlier models.

New operating system software will be available worldwide June 17, free for iPhone users, and $9.95 for iPod Touch users, USA Today report.

Highlights include...

...sorry, but this is as far as I go.

This is no place for gadget reviews. Google it, my friend.

I will, however, comment about the stampede of gotta-have-it consumeristas that shall flock to malls to buy Apple's latest gizmo.

I'll never forget the serpentine lines that formed at the mall the last time an updated version of the iPhone went on sale--no--before it went on sale. Thousands of people fought for a few hundred spots on a list that would grant them the chance to buy the phone on the day it became available for sale, as though buying it any time after that were out of the question.

The way I see it, meaning I could be wrong, new versions just have more bells and whistles that are not urgently needed by the majority of the people using these phones. I know I could get arrested for saying that.

Yet, skipping work and class and life to stand in line for four or five hours to get something I already have is inconceivable to me.

As you can see, I don't get it. Yes, I'm a freak.

Sources: USA Today, CNN, My Twisted Mind
Copyright © 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment